Thursday, March 30, 2006

Oklahoma Trooper Steven R. Smith Memorial Illustration, Revised

After being shot by a suspect, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Officer Steven R. Smith lived for the next seven years in a nursing home as a quadriplegic. He is survived by a son and a daughter.

Click image for larger version. Largest.

I posted the original memorial illustration of Trooper Steve Smith a month and a half ago, and was honored when his son Blake recently discovered the drawing and requested a copy to display next to his father's flag. I thought the drawing needed a little more work, which included better defining that the hands depicted belong to Trooper Smith's children, who in the drawing are packing up their father's belonging after his passing at the nursing home. I also suggested to Blake that I add a wheelchair to the drawing, to which he agreed, but the attempt failed.

I think this is a pretty good example of my almost destroying a good drawing after the fact by 'overthinking' it. Thanks to the Holy Spirit for stepping in and protecting the final version from myself.




Original version.

No comments:

Post a Comment