Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Fast Eight Belles Racehorse Acrylic Underpainting




A real-time video; I paint an acrylic underpainting for a new Eight Belles memorial portrait, similar to the miniature oil I auctioned on Ebay a few weeks ago.


Qu Appelle at Something Awful posts-


I'd also love to see the steps you use to paint a painting if feasable, from start to finish - the beginning drawing, the different layers, etc. Even though it's a different medium, it's still painting, and I think I'd learn a lot from looking at this.

Wish I'd wore a hat.

Similar equine paintings and portraiture can be seen at my front lobby studio at Canterbury Park racetrack and card room in Shakopee, Minnesota. I'm painting during race times.


equine art and oil portrait studio at Canterbury Park racetrack and card room in Shakopee, Minnesota

Art studio in the front lobby of Canterbury Park racetrack and card room in Shakopee, Minnesota. Behind the easel you can see two paintings in progress of probable future triple crown winner Big Brown.

Stop by, say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment