Friday, March 02, 2012

Hard Times Obama Pancake Cap Painting, In Progress

A new Obama Pancake painting in progress. I'll have some new paintings posted for auction on Ebay later today. All original paintings are posted with a starting bid price of .99 cents.

hard times Obama

I've been running into this unfinished painting now and again for the past few months not knowing what to do with it.  Started during Chris' harp performance Minnesota Legacy concert tour in January, it was inspired by driving through some very desolate ('appearing'-especially during what turned out to be the coldest week of winter) parts of Northern Minnesota and wondering about the similarity between our Great Depression and today's Great Recession. So I decided to paint a Tom Joad-ish Obama.

I uncovered the painting again a few day ago from a pile of God-knows on a strewn drafting table and decided to post it anyway, thinking that might encourage me.  Painting out the eyes was a last minute decision before laying it on the scanner.  I think that was correct.  I've always marveled at the bravery of the blind, and especially at the good attitude on the faces of a few which seems not an uncommon trait.

The collar behind Obama's head; I'm not sure what that is.  It might not be his collar. What should it be? Perhaps only a collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment